Saturday, October 4, 2014

Halfway to Philly

8 Weeks to Philly!!  < and the blog is back on track! :) >

Thought I would take this opportunity, as I'm resting prior to running not one, but TWO races tomorrow, to update the blog on the performance vs the plan.

Through 8 weeks of training for the 2014 Boston marathon, I had run 288 miles.
Through 8 weeks of the PLAN for the 2014 Philly marathon, I planned to run 290 miles.
Through 8 weeks of actual miles for the 2014 Philly marathon, I have run 314 miles.

So far this year, I have run 1,277 miles.

Here's what life looks like since getting my Garmin.  4 month Marathon prep months are color-coded.

(click to enlarge)



Here are some graphs tracking my progress towards the Philly marathon.









 A note about weight...at the start of 2013, before I started running again, I weighed 218 lbs.  At the start of 2014 I weighted 188.  As the above chart shows, I have plateaued recently at 178, but my hope is to run the Philly marathon as close to 170 as I can get.  Realistically, knowing how I lose weight, I will probably be close to 175 for Philly.  Of note, I was slightly over 180 at the running of the 2014 Boston marathon.

No comments:

Post a Comment